The Best of Everything Cake
Chocolate is always an awesome start to any dessert. Cheese cake seems to be high on most folks' lists and who doesn't love peanut butter . . . well those who aren't allergic to it that is.
This cake isn't a cheese cake, but you get that wonderful rich base of cream cheese. It's a simple moist chocolate cake with an icing that I clean the bowl with the rubber spatula with to make sure I didn't miss any. Hope you enjoy!
Chocolate Cake Mix (plus ingredients called for on the box)
2 Tbl Hellmon's Mayo (not salad dressing)
8 oz softened cream cheese
1/4 C butter at room temp
1 t vanilla extract
3 C powdered sugar
3/4 C peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
Peanuts, peanut butter candy or peanut butter cups can be used for garnish.
1. Pre-heat your oven to the 350 called for and make the cake batter according the box.
2. Add the mayo to the batter and mix well.
3. Bake the cake according to the box.
4. Let the cake cool and get to work on the good stuff, the icing.
5. Mix the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
6. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar until smooth. (more or less powdered sugar can be added to acheive the texture you like for your icing)
7. Now mix in the peanut butter.
8. After making sure the cake is cool, spread on that delicious icing. Add the garnish if you like and dig in.