Pound Cake Recipe
This is a great
pound cake recipe!
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (take it out early so it reaches room
- 1/2 cup of shortening
- 3 cups of white sugar
- 3 cups of cake flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup of milk (whole milk is best but you can substitute lower-fat milk)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of lemon extract
Special Note: The oven should not be preheated while making this cake.
1. Whisk the butter, shortening and sugar till these become light and
2. Put in the eggs one by one, beating vigorously as each egg is added.
3. Sift the dry ingredients collectively.
4. Put the vanilla and the lemon extract into the milk.
5. Now put the dry ingredients into the sugar, shortening and egg
combination, alternating with the milk mixture, whisking just so that the mix is
smooth, till all the items are blended. (Do not overblend).
6. Beat the batter at a moderate speed for about 5 minutes.
7. Sprinkle flour into a greased 10-inch tube tube pan and pour the batter
8. Place the batter into an oven that has not been preheated.
9. Turn the oven to 350F and cook for approximately 75 minutes (or until a
toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).
You can sprinkle some powdered sugar on top and serve plain or with vanilla
Return from pound cake recipe to the recipes page
Go to home page
If you like this, please pass it around to your friends!