Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
This is a lemon
recipe that you can make!
- 1 cup butter (that has been softened)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups of flour (all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind (that has been grated)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
1. Using an electric hand held mixer, beat the butter in a bowl at medium speed.
2. Add the oil (gradually), while beating until it is well blended.
3. Add the sugar slowly, while beating the mixture well.
4. One at a time, add the eggs. Beat the mixture after each egg is
5. Add the flour to the mixture, alternately along with the milk. Mix lightly
after each addition of flour and milk.
6. Finally, stir the lemon extract into the mixture.
7. Pour the batter into a 10-inch tube pan that has been greased and floured
and then bake at 300° for 90 minutes or
until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool the cake pan on a wire rack for
at least 15 minutes, then remove the cake from its pan and place it on a wire rack.
1. Combine all four of the glaze ingredients.
2. Stir the mixture until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Brush the glaze
on the sides of the cake and (little by little) spoon some of it on the top of
Allow to cool before enjoying this delicious lemon.
Return from lemon pound cake recipe to the recipes page
Go to home page
If you like it, please share this recipe with a friend!