Funnel Cake Recipe
favorite country fair funnel cake recipe!
2/3 cup milk
1 1/4 cup flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1. Beat the egg and the milk.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients together and add it to the egg/milk mixture
3. Beat until smooth.
4. Using a funnel (not pictured), begin in the center and drop some of the
batter into hot oil. Work your way outwards until the desired size is
5. Turn over once halfway through cooking. The cake is done when it is golden
brown and crispy.
6. Sprinkle it with powdered sugar or add any toppings you like.
The picture below shows one topped with a light coating of powdered sugar,
strawberry topping, with real strawberries, and whipped cream.
A friend likes to put hot fudge syrup and vanilla ice cream on top. That's
overkill - but it sure tastes great!
Return from funnel cake
recipe to the recipes page
Go to home page