Chocolate Butter Sponge Cake
A very simple recipe to prepare a melt-in-the-mouth cake for a family evening.
Refined Wheat Flour - 100 g
Powdered Sugar - 100 g
Cocoa - 3 or 4 tbsps.
Baking Powder - 1 tsp.
Salt - a pinch
Eggs - 6 nos.
Butter - 50 g
Milk - 1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence - few drops (it's alright even if you don't add this, it only makes the cake smell good)
1. Mix the wheat flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Keep it aside.
2. Beat the eggs well. Melt butter and add to the beaten eggs.
3. Add the mixture prepared in step 1 to the beaten eggs slowly, while blending it in fully.
4. Add half a cup of milk and 4-5 drops of vanilla essence to the cake mix.
5. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and bake for 30-40 mins.Serves 3-4