Black Forest Cake Recipe
Here's a tasty
Black Forest cake recipe!
1 can (1 lb.) drained pitted tart pie cherries in water
1/4 cup kirsch (it's a cherry liqueur)
1/4 cup salad oil
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 large egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tub of whipped frosting
1. Mix the cherries and kirsch
and keep aside for a minimum of 30 minutes, stirring intermittently.
2. Line the bottom of an
eight-inch metal pan with waxed paper that has been cut into proper size and
then oil the waxed paper. Sprinkle the vessel with cocoa evenly and remove the
3. In one bowl, combine
the flour, the cocoa, the salt and baking soda.
4. In a second bowl, using a
mixer attachment, blend sugar, egg whites, salad oil, vanilla, and 1 cup of
5. Put in the flour mix; stir to combine these properly, and then whisk until the
batter is smooth.
6. Put the batter into the prepared cake pan.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at
350° for 35-40 minutes. You can tell when it's ready when the cake starts to
leave the side of the pan.
8. Allow the pan to cool on a
wire rack for around 15 minutes. Now, using a knife blade, separate the cake
from the sides of the vessel, lift the cake off the pan, and slowly remove the
waxed paper (be careful in this step). Allow it to cool for about an hour.
9. Utilize a serrated knife, slice the cake horizontally into 3 similar layers.
10. Drain the cherries, but
keep the kirsch.
11. Put the bottom layer of the cake on a plate with the side you cut facing
up. Cover it with whipped frosting and about half of the cherries. Do the
same with the second layer. Add the top layer with the side you cut facing
down. Top it with whipped frosting and the kirsch.
Return from black forest cake recipe to the recipes page
Go to home page
If you like this, tell your friends!