Best Carrot Cake Ever
by Jenny S.
This is a simple recipe that tastes GREAT!
1 box carrot cake mix
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup coconut, toasted
1 cup walnuts or nuts of choice, chopped
2 containers cream cheese icing
1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Butter or spray 3- 8 or 9 inch round cake pans.
3. Prepare cake mix according to box directions.
4. Stir in the carrots, coconut and walnuts.
5. Pour equal amounts of cake mix mixture into all 3 pans.
6. Drop cake pans on counter to release air bubbles. (Cakes will bake flatter that way. No dome on top).
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes in middle of oven. When fork inserted into middle of cakes come out clean, it's done.
8. Remove cakes from oven and let cool.
9. When cakes are cooled, place first layer top side down on your cake server. Ice first layer.
Next layer goes bottom side down, ice second layer. Last layer goes top side down.
Ice the whole cake with icing to cover last layer and sides.
Can also place extra toasted coconut and nuts on the sides of cake if desired.
Chill in fridge if you like your cakes cold -- I do.