Banana Cake Recipe
This banana cake
recipe can be used
for muffins and banana bread as well!
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup butter (unsalted)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 mashed bananas
- 2/3 cup buttermilk (or substitute sour cream for buttermilk for a moister
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two 8-inch round pans.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together and then set them
- Cream the butter, the white sugar and the brown sugar together until
they are light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs (one by one).
- Mix the bananas into the bowl.
- Add the flour mixture (flour, baking soda, and salt) to the creamed
mixture along with the buttermilk.
- Stir in the chopped nuts (some people have even substituted
chocolate chips for the nuts).
- Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes. (If you prefer to use one 9X13 pan the baking
time is around 40 minutes)
- Remove cake from oven, and place it on a damp towel for it to cool.
This cake is delicious as it is.
It is also wonderful with a cream cheese icing on top, or even a
chocolate icing for all you chocoholics!
Return from banana cake recipe to the recipes page
Go to home page
We encourage you to share this recipe with a friend!