Applesauce Cake Recipe
applesauce cake recipe
is easy and a holiday favorite!"
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sift it prior to measuring
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves, ground
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 cup of raisins (for a moister cake use fewer raisins)
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts (for a moister cake use less than this amount)
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 2 cups of applesauce
This cake is easy to make!
First, you sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Then you add
the raisins, the chopped walnuts, the butter (melted), and the applesauce. Then
you beat the mixture until it is thoroughly blended. Then pour batter into
greased and floured 9-inch square pan. A baking pan measuring 11 3/4 x 7 1/2
could also be used depending on the shape of cake desired. Bake it in a
preheated oven at 350° for around 45 or 50 minutes. After it is cool you can
top it with cream cheese or any other type of white frosting, if desired.
Helpful tips from people who have made this cake:
- One person said that the cake is soft the way she makes it and can
be somewhat messy when she cuts it.
- One family has been making a cake like this a Thanksgiving and
Christmas tradition for half a century.
- A lady advises that you should make the recipe a couple of times and
alter it if needed. If it is too dry, she adds more applesauce.
- A couple of different people have reduced the number of nuts and
raisins in order to make a moister cake.
applesauce cake recipe to cakes a to l
Go to recipes page